We are delighted to reschedule the CRT Genomics Industry day after its cancellation in 2021 due to the arrival of omicron. It will now take place on 1st June 2022 at the Hardiman Hotel in Galway
This event aims to:
- Connect Companies with our supervisor and student network.
- Make our students aware of career options and prospects in the genomics industry.
- Identify the skills needs/shortages for the development of the genomics industry in Ireland.
- Define new opportunities for collaborations in genomics between industry and academia.
- Provide a forum to discuss national policy initiatives that could promote the development of health related genomics in Ireland.
1. Networking – company posters and stands to provide opportunities for students and PIs to browse and discuss the research activities and interests of companies and learn about careers in industry.
2. Careers in the genomics industry and the skillsets they require – presentations by genomics scientists working in industry, and/or significant employers of genomics data scientists in Ireland.
3. Policies that would help grow the Irish genomics industry – presentations by key stakeholders (e.g. industry, government, academia, patient/charity) followed by chaired discussion then opening up to floor.
For Industry participants
We would like to request that you bring a pull up banner/poster if you have one, to facilitate networking with supervisors and students. If you would also like to have a table please let us know on the registration form.
To register for the event please complete this form before the 15th May 2022
|10.00- 11.00||Registration and coffee|
|11.00 – 11.10||Welcome by CRT Director Cathal Seoighe (goals for the day and opportunities to work with the CRT)
|11.10-11.50||KEYNOTE speaker – Serena Scollen, ELIXIR Head of Human Genomics and Translational Data, Wellcome Genome Campus, UK|
|11.50- 12.00||Industry talk 1 Daniel Murphy, Head of Genomics, Akkure
|12.00-.12.10||Industry talk 2 – Helena Ahlfors, Senior Manager, Bioinformatics Team, Illumina Laboratory Services, Cambridge
|12.10-12.20||Industry talk 3 – Ian Richardson, Data Science Team Lead, MSD Animal Health
|12.20-12.30||Industry talk 4- Holger Klein Senior computational biologist, Boehringer Ingelheim
|12.30- 13.00||Chaired panel discussion to identify & highlight common themes in terms of industry needs and future opportunities (Chair Gianpiero Cavalleri)
|13.00- 14.30||Lunch & networking
|Vision for a health-related genomics policy in Ireland|
|14.30 – 15.10||KEYNOTE speaker Aedin Culhane, Professor of Cancer Genomics, University of Limerick
|15.10- 15.20||Les Martin – Patient Representative
|15.20-15.30||Avril Kennan – CEO Health Research Charities Ireland (HRCI)
|15.30-15.40||Maeve Lowry – Professor of Translational Cancer Medicine and Chairperson of the Cancer Molecular Diagnostics Advisory Group of the National Cancer Control Program (NCCP).
|15.40-16.20||Coffee break and networking|
|16.20- 16.30|| John Coughlan, Government Affairs Partner, Roche
|16.30-16.40||Teresa Maguire, Director of Research Strategy & Funding, Health Research Board
|16.40-16.50||Gianpiero Cavalleri, Professor of Human Genetics, RCSI
|16.50- 17.20||Chaired panel discussion
|17.20- 17.30||Closing remarks|